Monday, August 22, 2011

Simplicity....sometimes less is definitely more!

Lately I have really been all about finding and making unique cupcakes (ie: hamburger, limoncello, mocha, key lime pie, cinnamon roll, root beer float...to name a few..lol), in case you hadn't noticed. :)  So, last weekend we were having some friends over for dinner and I just wanted to do something simple.  What could be more simple that a vanilla cupcake with vanilla frosting??

Of course, I went directly to my favorite bakers for some ideas, and as usual, they did not disappoint me.  I found a recipe for Vanilla Bean Cupcakes over at My Baking Addiction that is really to die for.  Simple most certainly does not have to mean boring!

These cupcakes are light and fluffy with real vanilla bean in both the cake and the frosting (I don't know about you guys, but I'm a sucker for anything with vanilla bean in it).  They were a hit with our friends on Saturday night, and again at church Sunday morning (where I always bring my leftovers!).   I also loved the black and white polka dot cupcake liners I bought at Michael's, they seemed to hold up pretty well with baking (something that doesn't always happen and generally drives me nuts!).  I piped the frosting onto the cakes with the large round piping tip from Bake it Pretty.

The finished product looked like this...


These kind of inspired me to make more "simple" cupcakes.  I think fresh strawberry will be next on the baking agenda!

3 comments:

Judy said...

If you made something with butterscotch I would take a migraine for that. Just sayin'

Renate said...

Hmmm....butterscotch...I will have to look into that, Judy! :)

Mon said...

Thank you Renate! Yes, I agree sometimes simple is..."simply divine" :-) and..my hips are thankful I don't live directly across the street lol! It would be so hard to resist sampling! xoxo Mon